Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Mix

Son's Gonna Rise- Citizen Cope
100 Years- Five For Fighting
Someday-Flipside
Sky's the Limit- Lil Wayne
Heart of a Champion-Nelly
Live like you were dying-Tim McGraw
Life is a Highway-Rascall Flatts
Good People- Jack Johnson
Get Up-50 cent
Headstrong-Trapt


Why are these songs important to you? How or where did you first encounter them? (Through a friend? The radio, television, the Internet, or magazine?)
These songs honestly dont have very much meaning to me. I dont find myself trying to relate to the songs that I listen to. These are just songs that I enjoy listening to. I heard most of them on the radio or my friends told me about them. Most of them are pretty mainstream.

What does your mix say about who you are? How much do your musical choices reflect your sense of self and the subcultures you belong to?

I do you think at times you can tell alot about a person from their music and their personality. I think it may show that I like the type of music that can pump you up, or some country that has a cool lyrics to it. The person who looked at my song list had me right on, he thought that based off the songs that I like sports, hang out with friends alot and that I would dress relaxed. I thought it was kind of funny when I looked at it and he guessed that much correct information from my mix.

What would people learn about you by listening to your mix? What wouldn’t they be able to learn about you?

I guess they could learn that I like the mainstream rap and country that goes around and that I am a into athletics, due to the fact that some of these songs are used for pregame songs for some sporting events. It may be impossible for someone to automaticall ydetermine what type of person someone is by just listening to some of their music, but for some things it may be a good indicator.

What does your mix indicate about your connection to something larger? How is it a reflection of the larger culture?

Im not sure how my mix would relate me to something larger. Possibly that I like to listen to music current with my age group for hte most part, and dont live in the past.

How well did you do making inferences based on your classmate’s list of songs? What did you get right? Wrong? Explain.

I am not sure how well I described the person, based off their music. We didnt get to see the person who had each mix and their inferences made about them. If we would have gone over who each of us had, I do feel like most of the perceptions we got from each others music could have had some truth to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment